Monday, April 27, 2015

It's The Little Things

I was walking on campus the other day and someone gave me a compliment on my hair. I had no clue who the person was, but it still put a smile on my face and drastically improved my mood. Even though I change my hair up quite a bit, I still get anxious about what other people will think of it so when I get compliments like that, it makes me a bit more confident as well.

At a TWLOHA meeting recently, we challenged the group to give a compliment to someone on campus throughout the week. The message in this is that you never know what another person is going through and giving out that compliment could make their day.

We also tried to make a point that it doesn't have to be about physical appearance. Maybe you had a class with them and you really agreed with something they said or maybe you notice that they have a band logo on their laptop and you want to tell them they have great taste in music. Even just pointing out how nice the weather is one day can cause them to notice the sunshine more so than usual.

So I challenge you to be more aware of people you walk by on campus or at work and hand out some compliments!

A classmate of mine is making a Random Act Of Kindness Week and I think it's a great idea. If you're interested in checking that out click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment